Thursday 11 April 2019

Digital Experiment - The Gallery Calendar - Self-led Brief

After looking through my research I decided that a similar style to these illustrations would work well.They are simple, bold and artistic, perfect for an art themed calendar. I also took inspiration because I hope to screenprint these calendars in order to have multiple copies cost effectively and to potentially send them to the museums themselves as a gift (meaning I would need at least 12 copies.) Looking at these illustrations they use very simple shapes but are made more attractive by their texture, which should also come across in my calendar prints.


I also found a studio who has produced a calendar very similar to my own ideas. This studio, 'Studio Pépouze' has produced a calendar using risoprinting. The designs are very simple but show finesse and consideration because they have used this printing method. I also think the use of colours makes the design stand out and gives it a colourful but professional feel. I hope to experiment with a similar colour pallet.



I then did some brief illustration experiments based on the sketches I completed previously. These simple shapes have been split into two tones to give them some depth. Given a background they should create contemporary and simplistic interpretations of the Hepworth sculpture. Not all the illustrations will be sculptures, it will be important to have a range of work - including textiles and ceramics as well as paintings and statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment