Monday 1 May 2017

Research:

Book research:
  • Leeds- Susan Wrathmell
  • Historic Architecture of Leeds- Derek Linstrum
  • A History of Everything in England
After doing research on Leeds history I discovered that it's past, including the Norman invasion, were not well documented. Any events I did find weren't celebratory and were in fact quite shocking and harrowing. I didn't want to explore a subject of mass murder or the concurring of the original Leeds.

Instead I read about how Queen Victoria visited Leeds to open city hall. Not only was this vastly documented and regarded as a huge celebration, it also is very close to the exhibition space, so I thought it would also link on this level. I read much on the event in books and on the internet and found interesting facts about the building and the curation of the event.  




After reading Linstrum's Historic Architecture of Leeds, it became clear that the Victorian design of the building was incredible and held many interesting elements to explore in design.

No comments:

Post a Comment