Monday 1 May 2017

Leeds by Susan Wrathnell

Leeds town hall is extensively documented and after doing this research I briefly wanted to develop a print that focused on the blue prints of the building. I thought these were beautiful in themselves and held a unique perspective of the building that isn't usually viewed. However, I felt it would be difficult to communicate a celebration through the blueprints of a building. It is the building that the people of Leeds have pride for, which is why I wanted to develop something specifically involving the building or its familiar characteristics. 





After a lot of research I discovered that at the time of construction, the organ inside city hall  was one of the largest in Europe. It was also played at the opening ceremony by Henry Smart, accompanied by a large chorus of the National Anthem. I felt this could be something to develop so I found an image of the organ and put it into a halftone to test the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment