Friday 19 May 2017

End of Module Evaluation

Throughout design practice I have learnt key aspects of production and organisation in design.

In the first module I have learnt the importance of experimentation and research in order to get a developed response. The In Cold Blood design was successful because it there was deep research into the book's history and context meaning that the design's concept was its biggest strength.

In the second module the practice of printing techniques became a lot more clear and the process of mass production and it's necessity became apparent. I found that the design I had created was unnecessarily complex, sometimes it is better to invest in something simple and work on its refinement to create a bold and shocking design.

In the third brief skills in teamwork and collaboration grew. I found that I naturally enjoyed organisation and helping my group as much as possible. I learnt skills in delegation and compromise as well, which led to a full and consistent body of work.

In the final brief skills in fast paced organisation and production have been gained. It was exciting to work in a collaboration of two and the sharing of ideas and concepts. It often meant that the boundaries were pushed further as there was two of us questioning what the next step could be.

Something I have noticed is that I need to improve my time management skills. Whilst doing work throughout this process I found it hard to keep a steady pace of blogposts, although I have improved since the last module. In future I hope to do the blogposts immediately after the work is produced and balance my time more effectively across the modules.  

No comments:

Post a Comment