Tuesday 14 February 2017

Alien Culture Exhibit Space Ship

For the exhibition branding project I wanted to theme mine on alien culture in the media. This meant I wanted the content of the poster to feature a space ship abducting figures. The main part of this brief was the origami element, so I followed a tutorial to create a space ship which would be photographed for the poster. For this I used an A2 page in order for it to condense down to something fairly big and I bought tiny plastic figures that could be placed underneath.


I wanted the light to fall on the bottom half of the page in order to fill two thirds of it, leaving the top third free to use white text without there being confusion. Due to the camera's light exposure settings the pictures made the rocket appear dark, however this was intentional for it to appear atmospheric. One issue that I did have was the background, for a white backdrop I had to use sheets of paper which could be considered distracting. However, I kept this in as it continued the paper aesthetic and the feeling of 'handmade.'

No comments:

Post a Comment