Sunday 22 April 2018

Studio Brief 2 - Flyer Development

For the flyers for the cafe I wanted them to look like the pages of a book; with simple and flowing text. I looked at the flyer 'Pump n Grind' put out and they had a focus on greeting the customer and saying 'hello', this was something I wanted to recreate.

The first two below were ideas of how to lay out the cover, I thought it could be interesting to add a black shape on the cover with this seemed outside of the aesthetic developed and too random. By curving the text it looks far more animated and like the inside of a book. The background is made up insects shaped like coffee beans - this was a failed logo attempt but it was nice to incorporate it as an aspect anyway.




For the flyer I decided to use a stock that was rough in texture but yellowed like book pages, this worked with the detail well and gave it some authenticity. I also designed it so the corner of the page could be bent over, like marking the page of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment