Friday 2 February 2018

Studio Brief 2 - Reading Experiment

In order to force myself to choose reading as an option, I decided to conduct an experiment where I didn't watch any tv or go on social media for a week. This meant that I would have ample time to read without distraction.

During the first few days I found that I couldn't concentrate well, I had a headache and was irritable - every time I read it didn't really relax me. I found in the following days I would do anything to avoid reading in long sittings, I would listen to the radio, listen to music and read articles. This is possibly because of the effort required to read, which is something I will need to consider in the content I produce.



However, after most of the week was spent trying to read, eventually it became far more easy for me. This shows it just involves persistence and engagement in order to find enjoyment in reading. Even now the week is up, I have been reading more consistently and it has definitely cleared my mind somewhat. 

The fact I was gravitating to audio forms of entertainment suggested that perhaps I should explore ways of putting books into audio formats.. (other than audiobooks!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment