Tuesday 20 February 2018

Norwich Beer Fest Logo - Castle Dragon Development

I then began doing some developed sketches of the dragon perching on the castle. I trialed the dragon with a cheerful expression and with a scary expression. The cheery one is the one I developed further as I thought it appeared more appealing.




However once the designs were digitalised I thought they seemed too flat, the dragons were unrealistic (as much as dragons can be realistic). The yellow was used as an example colour as very few of the previous winners have used yellow and I thought this would appear more unique. Although the aesthetic isn't good - perhaps there's insn't enough detail and the negative space highlights the basic design. To improve this I needed to to develop another of my sketches, with extra care in the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment