Sunday 13 November 2016

Type Specimen from Fontsmith

http://www.typetoken.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/FS_Maja2.gifTo present my typeface I looked at type specimens, like this one by Fontsmith called Maja. It's been presented in a unfolded poster format and uses a simple style. They often use overlaid font like this, in a variety of sizes, colour and format. I particularity like the use of shape in this one, the arrow gives it direction and the colons and Xs add detail but don't over complicate it. The three colours are bright and complimentary, for my own type specimen I hope to use a maximum of three colours as well. The main purpose of a type is to be understandable and functional, the viewer doesn't want to be bombarded by the type, but instead allowed to make up their own opinion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment