Tuesday 18 October 2016

Logotype for Inexistence

The word I was given for my logotype was 'inexistence' which means an absence of existence or to not exist. My initial thoughts for this were to develop a gaming company that suspended reality, linking to the rising trend for products like the oculus rift.
However, after researching Vignelli's 5 typefaces, I discovered interestingly that Futura was the first type to be used on the moon.

This is understandable as the typeface is universal; the design is stripped of flair or serif, making it easy to understand. Plus it allows mankind to be presented in a way that isn't biased towards one style or personality. In fact the type has been described as "a rejection of the old and a celebration of the future," this type is likely to appear modern for years to come.

After reading further into this significant moment of Futura's history, it made me realise I could develop Inexistence into a space agency, using this moment as a foundation for the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment