Wednesday 13 December 2017

Noughts and Crosses - Burning Anger Experiment

From part of my research I found a quote that surmised the feelings of many characters throughout the story: Looking at our hovel, I could feel the usual burning, churning sensation begin to rise up inside me.' I burnt paper and edited the cover so the burns replaced the Os in the title, there is even the suggestion of a X in the bottom left.

I decided not to take this forward as the design might be considered more applicable for an adult fiction cover. Despite the fact I still want to respect the child audience, this cover is too bland to stand out among other YA novels - it looks more like a crime novel. I also think that although the book is about anger and passion, it is also about more than that - there are many themes. Like with the Romeo and Juliet idea, this cover only conveys an aspect of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment