Sunday 12 March 2017

Design Work

Design work began by creating a background that the image could be placed on. There was experiments with blank white and a tea stained effect, however I decided to use just watercolour paper to give it a slightly rough texture, also by bending it slightly it meant that there were areas of the background in shadow. During the photocopying a grey strip on the right was created by mistake, but I thought this worked more for the 60s retro appearance. Eventually however I thought this detracted from the design so did several more photocopies.

I knew I wanted to create a cross effect so I did experiments with just one strip, of Jesus' eyes, leaving the horizontal cross to be made out of the blurb. However this looked unnatural as the blurb was too big, so I swapped it for a strip with a quote written on it which was much more effective. 

Initial strip so blurb could be made into a cross.

Quote added so blurb could run along the side. Grey photocopy mistake included.

Final cross is place on an angle, bent texture of paper remains.
Finally I began by separating the spine from the rest of the design by having two white strips. Eventually I removed these as again they were another unnecessary element, plus in mass production is can be that they might misalign from the spine sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment